After having breast implants in Orlando, many people decide that they want to downsize their implants. If you find yourself in this position, you may have already started looking up “plastic surgery near me” to find the best surgeon to perform your procedure. However, before going under the knife again, it’s essential that you understand all of the important factors that go into downsizing. The professionals at ReinventMe in Orlando have years of helping women achieve their dream look, and now they have advice for women who are considering downsizing their implants. Keep reading for more.
Everything You Need to Know About Downsizing Breast Implants in Orlando
Many patients decide to have breast implants put in for a number of reasons, and a number of those patients also decide after time has passed that they want to downsize their implant size. If you are one of the patients looking to redo their breast implants, you may have already started looking into “plastic surgery near me,” but before you make any decisions,, there are a few things that you should know.
After getting breast implants put in, the rest of your body is going to continue to change, which means there’s a chance that the results you were once so happy about can change and look different. For this reason, many patients decide to downsize their implants. However, it’s important to understand that there are a lot of pieces that go into replacing breast implants; it’s not as simple as swapping out the implants for a smaller size. That is why there are a number of things you need to be sure of before getting this procedure done.
- You need an experienced surgeon: It is vital to understand that a secondary procedure is more challenging than the original operation, which is why it is crucial for you to make sure that your downsizing procedure is done by an experienced doctor.
- You’ll have more options: If it’s been years since your initial procedure, you’re going to be introduced to a whole new variety of breast implant options, including shapes, sizes, and filling types. Everything can be more customized for each individual patient.
- You may need to have a lift done as well: Reducing your implant size is going also to reduce the volume of your breasts. This can result in sagging if your breast tissue and skin can’t contract on their own.
- Surgery time will vary: Implant replacement is typically straightforward as long as you have good skin elasticity and no complications because the original incision site can be used. On the other hand, if you have complications and concerns that need to be addressed and corrected, then the surgery and recovery time could be longer.
- If your implants were done within a year, you should wait: If your surgery was only a year ago, it might be best to wait a little while before deciding on an implant reduction. It is common for patients to experience a “buyer’s remorse” after having a breast augmentation. Also, there is normal post-op swelling that could take months to decrease, making your breasts appear larger than anticipated.
Contact Us for Breast Implants in Orlando
ReinventMe in Orlando is a leading plastic surgeon and IV Therapy lounge in the area. We specialize in making our patients feel confident and making sure they are delighted with their results. If you’ve been looking into “plastic surgery near me,” it’s time to call or visit us today to find out how we can help you reach your goal!